Sunday 22 January 2017

INDIAN DAILY SOAP & THEIR TYPES

"You said your mother only smiled on her TV shows." (colors by Halsey)

I remember, myself growing up watching typical Indian daily soap operas. Like, I was so addicted to them! I used to never miss an episode of those. When I was a child I used to find those dramas, background music with black and white pause(for a sec during the scenes where the characters have to act shocked)weirdly amazing. I guess we all have went through this phase. Isn't it? (Say yes!?!) When a character used to come back from dead. That used to literally be a jaw-dropping  moment for me and my serial-buddies-my mom and grandmom. I am quite a grown up now, and that's why I'm not going to embarrass myself by mentioning the names of the shows that I used to watch. It's really really awkward and lame.

TV industry has made a progress in a positive way, as well in a lame way!
Hollywood TV-series, produces a season of a particular show every year or so. Whereas, Indian TV series is on air every second, minute, hour, day, week, month, season, year, era, century?
Even after I'm dead, the show would be celebrating it's infinite episodes...Uff!
Basically, each channel runs their own type of TV-show!

1. *Fictional Shows*
Some channels run UNBELIVABLE shows which contains super heroes/kids saving the world, offering chocolates from the sky etc,(tasty!) But some shows are like, "Okay, I'm a snake now. Oh now, I'm a human. I am snake+human. And I have a friend who is a ghoose,(I guess) well, I guess he's my enemy too." I seriously get one of the biggest jerk in my life when they get renewed to a new season. (WTF)

2. *Reality/Non-fictional Shows*
"Okay, we're gonna dump a few unfamous-celebrities in a grand house, do someone random shit with them. Let them do some shit with each other. Get it hosted by a famous person and earn money" - (In short) But someone reality shows really help or give them a chance to extremely talented people from the corners of the country/world to potray their passion and talent on a grand stage! That's amazing.(Doesn't include Roadies :P)
FYI, I don't like cooking competition shows. 'Cause judging such beautiful, luring food PISSES ME OFF! -_-

3. *Comedy shows*
Oh well, these are MY favourite kind of shows. Obviously, everyone's!(I hope). I love laughing myself and I also love to make others laugh. So, these kind of shows are made to save your day. They effing cheer you up everytime. They're like saviours! They're the type which can be watched randomly. Like while having food etc.

4. *Horror Shows*
Nooooo! Nope! These absolutely CANNOT be watched during eating food.(Or else, be ready to have a vision "foodfall" in your sink) I really find these funny. I don't know why. But surely, I get afraid if those bloody ghosts who have white eyes with just the eye ball with one black dot. All they show is blood(Lol! Blood reminded me of GOT)
Honestly, characters in a horror show or movies are dumb! They're dumber than the dumbest. They would've been alive if followed my direction or listened to my suggestions and then made choices. Sick people! *Rolls eyes* But in the end, horror is my one of the favourite genre.

5. *Suspense/Crime based shows*
These are my second favorite genre! Sher-locked! But we're talking about Indian daily soaps,so.....NAAH The number of cases CID had solved, I guess it's double or triple than the actual number of crimes occurred in our country. Other crime shows which TRIES to make the citizens alert & aware. They end up making people scared the shit outta 'em and doubting their own homies & folks. But sometimes they do show episodes based on true stories!

6. *Romantic/Family shows*
I quite like the background music of these type of shows! Most of the stories go this way: They meet, fall in love, get married, have children(In between, many hurdles arrives. But they fight like a hero) Then umm, their children fell in love, gets married, have children, their children grow up(But still the hair of their grandparents are still black as mine and looks quie younger than their parents).
Some types of shows are effing immortal like ME. Ugh.
I hope to have banned some of the channels one day! I wish Indian soal operas to get inspired by Hollywood shows and get something good outta it! ;)
THANK YOU for your precious time. :)
I know I write as well as speak a lot!
Love. Laugh. Live!

No comments:

Post a Comment